For filers who will be quarterly these will be the deadlines for GSTR-1:
|July, August, September 2017||10 January 2018|
|October, November, December 2017||15 February 2018|
|January, February, March 2018||30 April 2018|
For filers who will file monthly these will be the deadlines for GSTR-1:
|July – November 2017||10 January 2018|
|December 2017||10 February 2018|
|January 2018||10 March 2018|
|February 2018||10 April 2018|
|March 2018||10 May 2018|
Per the GST Council the filing deadlines for July 2017 through March 2018 will be fixed by a Committee of Officers for GSTR-2 and GSTR-3.
The following calendar applies for each of the returns:
|GSTR-5||July – December 2017||31 January 2018||Link|
|GSTR-5A||July – December 2017||31 January 2018||Link|
|GST ITC-01||July – November 2017||31 January 2018||Link|
|GST CMP-03||31 January 2018||Link|
With all of these deadlines and forms to deal we offer a platform which let’s you complete, file and retain all your records. The platform keeps evolving and now we let you validate GSTINs and provide an Excel Report for all of your customers. Combine this with managed services like Surefile we are the best solution. For more information click here or contact us at: email@example.com.
The December GST Council Meeting established the timeline for the implementation of the nationwide e-Waybil. The e-Waybill will be an electronic documentation for transport of goods when the value of the supply exceeds ₹50,000.
- The system will be rolled out on a trial basis on 16 January 2018 along with Notifications.
- Final rules will be notified for compulsory inter-state use by 1 February 2018.
- States can implement the e-Waybill for intra-state movements at any time before 1 June 2018.
- All intra and inter-state movements will have e-Waybills by 1 June 2018.
The November GST Council Meeting brought several changes to the GST returns system.
- Taxpayers with a turnover up to 1.5 Crore will file GSTR1 on a quarterly basis and those above will file on a monthly basis.
- GSTR-3B will continue until March 2018 with a final filing date of 20 April 2018.
- The composition scheme for manufacturing will have a 0.5% rate as of 1 January 2018.
- A clarification has been published regarding accommodation services, betting and gambling in casinos, horse racing, admission to cinema, homestays, printing, legal services.
- The CBEC has published circulars for manual application for advance rulings and refunds for inverted duty structure; eventually these will be part of the GSTN at a future date.
- The CBEC has consolidated all of the GST Changes through 30 December 2017 into a set of CGST rules which are available here and the IGST rules are available here.
- Notification 41/2017 – Central Tax (Rate) lists the changes to the tax rates for commodities, this modifies Notificaiton 1/2017 – Central Tax (Rate).
- Notification 42/2017 – Central Tax (Rate) list the changes to the exemptions for commodities, this modifies Notification 2/2017 – Central Tax (Rate).
- Along with the numerous changes to the tax rates for items the CBEC has published a list of the changes to the CGST rates starting from 1 July 2017 through 15 November 2017.